We confront complex challenges creatively and responsibly.
The College of Liberal Arts (CLA) is indispensable to Cal Poly.
Our emphasis on creative thinking, cultural expression, and innovative action empowers our graduates to confront complex challenges responsibly by understanding the historical, social, ethical, aesthetic, technological and philosophical complexities of global to local communities. Additionally, our scholarly expertise and leadership in the areas of diversity and inclusion enhance and enrich the campus climate. The College of Liberal Arts produces change-makers poised to confront the complex challenges of today’s global society.
Gifts to the CLA will bolster our vital programs, high-impact teaching practices, meaningful faculty-student collaborations, and influential scholarship and creative activity. The CLA will produce change agents equipped to innovate and inspire with the awareness, knowledge and skills required to create a robust, vibrant, diverse and inclusive culture that sustains progress, beauty and justice.
- Increase access to financial aid and scholarships.
- Invest in a Learn by Doing fund for experiential learning projects including internships, study abroad opportunities, undergraduate research experiences and senior projects.
- Enhance knowledge, awareness and skills in diversity and inclusion including support for strategic cohorts of new faculty, a network of mentoring, and a more inclusive campus climate.
- Recruit and retain nationally- and internationally-recognized faculty to promote the teacher-scholar model, emphasizing faculty expertise and research as essential to successful teaching.
- Renovate and build spaces that support hands-on learning and cutting-edge inquiry.